Avant de faire l'achat d'une Timney...

Tout sur les Remington et leurs dérivés

Modérateur: Equipe

Re: Avant de faire l'achat d'une Timney...

Messagepar helipilote » 20 Mar 2017 19:40

beaucoup de detentes xmark pro on fait l objet d'un rappel, effectivement jusqu'a 850-900 gr je n'ai au aucun problème

avec la rifle basix même si mon poids de départ est aussi aux alentours de 800-850 gr (bien suffisant) j'ai un départ net et cassant avec une course réduite, en gros je préfère avoir un départ hyper net et cassant plutôt que d'avoir un départ très bas quelque fois aléatoire
Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. Proust (Marcel)
Je vous préviens qu'on a la puissance de feu d'un croiseur, et des flingues de concours (les tontons flingueurs)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (le Roi Leonidas)

helipilote
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar bouc1234 » 20 Mar 2017 20:07

utilisez une vraie arme : un mas 36!

le poids de départ est de 5/6 kg : vous pourrez apprendre des choses

je n'arrive pas à tirer immédiatement avec des armes réglées light, les premiers tirs se baladent à droite à gauche

la moyenne est située à 1,7kg : tant que c'est net, le poids de départ importe assez peu, l'influence se fait lors de longues séances de tir où là, la fatigue se fait sentir

on finit toujours par s'habituer, il ne faut pas tout focaliser là dessus, l'essentiel n'est pas là
bouc1234
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar billou » 22 Mar 2017 22:15

Ore08 a écrit:Pour ma part, j'ai réglé ma détente X Mark Pro d'origine en jouant sur les 3 vis de celle-ci et le poids de départ est 900g tout en restant en sécurité, ce qui me convient pour le moment.
J'avais trouvé un tuto expliquant la manip, je ne sais plus si c'est sur le fofo ou sur le net. Il faut supprimer le vernis mis en usine que l'on trouve sur les 2 vis qui ne sont accessibles qu'après démontage de la crosse. Une fois le réglage fait en le vérifiant avec une pèse détente un petit coup de vernis à ongles pour empêcher les vis de bouger et de dérégler le poids de détente.

Toujours pas retrouvé le tuto ?
billou
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar nanard35 » 22 Mar 2017 23:21

J'ai ca :

Remington Trigger Adjustments
14 May 2000
By Paul "Pablito" Coburn
In the U.S.A., we live in a litigious society, and for those of you who live in Rio Linda, that means fools will do really stupid crap, and then sue someone else, because "It's their fault, they made me do it!". For those of you that don't know what you're doing... STAY AWAY FROM TRIGGERS... you can hurt someone (usually someone else!)
Adjusting triggers is something that was once an expected job by the owner of a new gun, just like adjusting the seats in your new car.
But Remington (because of many lawsuits) takes a very dim view of adjusting their triggers... it's number "1" under Remington's "Felony list of no-no's".
Be advised, if you adjust the trigger, and send the gun back to Remington (in the USA) for repairs, they will charge you for a new trigger (they will NOT re-adjust the old one).
.. and finely, your mileage may vary according to road conditions. If you are new at guns, and lack experience to do internal minor repairs and parts replacement... this may not be for you. Do not do the following unless you are skilled enough to work on guns, and responsible enough to handle them safely. I'm presenting this information as "Information Only"... it is SOLELY your decision whether you have the skill and ability to use this information.
If you have an accident, it means that you weren't skilled enough, or responsible enough, so you shouldn't have done the following, so it's not my fault, neither Sniper Country's!

Now on to the details
The Remington triggers are very good, except they come with a built in lawyer, and he weighs about 9 or 10 pounds.
You will need a bit of good quality gun oil (CLP or equivalent), and a set of small screwdrivers, and some white or red nail polish.
Remove the barreled action from the stock.
Looking at the gun and trigger so the safety is up, and the barrel is pointing to your right... the front of the trigger is to your right...

The three screws are as follows...
• On your right, (the front of the trigger) the top screw, near the action, is over travel...
• The bottom screw is spring tension...
• On your left side, (the back of the trigger) is the engagement screw.
First, break the white "Seals of God" and screw the three screws out enough so that you see several threads.
They may be hard at first, but they are NOT staked in place. The screws and trigger body are carbon steel, and may be rusted, or they may have a sealant on them. Just break them free. Drop a teeny bit of oil on the threads. Run the screws in and out several times until the oil is in the threads, and they turn freely.
OK, now down to business.
Back out the spring tension screw out until there is just enough pressure to keep the trigger forward, but it's very light (4 or 5 oz's) and easy to move.
Back out the engagement screw, (the single screw on the left) and the over-travel screw (the upper screw on your right) out, so there's play to adjust.
Close the bolt on a cocked pin (don't pull the trigger) and VERY SLOWLY turn the engagement screw (on your left) in until the firing pin drops. Back it out about 1/3 to 1/2 of a turn. With the firing pin down, you should now feel the trigger wobble back and forth if you pull it because there is excessive over travel.
Because the back surface of the trigger is NOT undercut, you have to adjust over-travel with the pin "down".
Now, with the firing pin in the "fired" position, screw in the over-travel screw until it "just touches" the trigger lightly, preventing the trigger from moving... back out the over travel screw 1/4 turn. Pulling the trigger now, (with the pin "down") you should feel just the "slightest" free movement.
Now turn in the spring tension screw (lower right) to a pull that you like... I'd strongly suggest a good trigger pull gauge, instead of guessing.
Cock the pin and try it... it should break like glass.
Check by:
• Slam the bolt closed a dozen times, check to see if the pin dropped each time. If the pin drops, back out the engagement screw 1/4 turn, and do again.
• Cock the pin, set the safety, pull the trigger, release the trigger, and release the safety, a dozen times... if the pin drops, increase the spring tension (shouldn't be necessary, unless you're down around 10-15 oz's, and this trigger is not reliable at that light a pull.
Put white or red nail polish on the screws. Let dry, and put another coat on it again, and again.
There will be no "take up slack", this is a single stage trigger, and can't be adjusted to act like a two stage.
These triggers are easily capable of going to 24-26 oz's, and they keep the setting year after year, and I've never had to re-adjust one.
Bernard
nanard35
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar nanard35 » 22 Mar 2017 23:22

avec la traduction :

First, break the white "Seals of God" and screw the three screws out enough so that you see several threads.
En premier, casser le vernis de blocage et dévisser les 3 vis afin de faire apparaître plusieurs filets. (Pour ne pas forcer sur les vis lors de cette opération, il est préférable de chauffer légèrement le bloc du mécanisme de détente avec un décapeur thermique, c'est plus efficace qu'en essayant de chauffer la vis avec un fer à souder)

They may be hard at first, but they are NOT staked in place. The screws and trigger body are carbon steel, and may be rusted, or they may have a sealant on them. Just break them free. Drop a teeny bit of oil on the threads. Run the screws in and out several times until the oil is in the threads, and they turn freely.
Cette opération peut être dure au départ mais les vis ne sont pas matées. Les vis et le bloc détente sont en acier au carbone et peuvent être oxydés ou il peut y avoir du vernis de blocage sur les filets. Elles doivent tourner librement. Déposer un peu d'huile sur les filets. Visser et dévisser plusieurs fois les vis pour qu'elles tournent sans point dur.

OK, maintenant passons aux réglages.

Back out the spring tension screw out until there is just enough pressure to keep the trigger forward, but it's very light (4 or 5 oz's) and easy to move.
Dévisser la vis du poids de détente (en bas à droite) en laissant assez de pression pour la maintenir en arrière (100 à 150 grammes) et qu'elle soit facile à bouger.

Back out the engagement screw, (the single screw on the left) and the over-travel screw (the upper screw on your right) out, so there's play to adjust.
Dévisser la vis d'engagement (la seule à gauche) et la vis de backlash (celle en haut à droite) pour laisser du jeu à régler.

Close the bolt on a cocked pin (don't pull the trigger) and VERY SLOWLY turn the engagement screw (on your left) in until the firing pin drops. Back it out about 1/3 to 1/2 of a turn. With the firing pin down, you should now feel the trigger wobble back and forth if you pull it because there is excessive over travel.
Fermer le verrou avec le percuteur armé (ne pas appuyer sur la détente) et très doucement visser la vis d'engagement (celle à gauche) jusqu'à ce que le percuteur décroche. A ce moment, la dévisser de 1/3 à 1/2 tour. Avec le percuteur au repos, on peut se rendre compte de la course résiduelle en appuyant sur la détente.

Because the back surface of the trigger is NOT undercut, you have to adjust over-travel with the pin "down".
Comme l'arrière de la gâchette n'est pas usiné, il faut ajuster le backlash avec le percuteur au repos.

Now, with the firing pin in the "fired" position, screw in the over-travel screw until it "just touches" the trigger lightly, preventing the trigger from moving... back out the over travel screw 1/4 turn. Pulling the trigger now, (with the pin "down") you should feel just the "slightest" free movement.
Maintenant avec le percuteur au repos, il faut visser la vis de backlash jusqu'à ce qu'elle vienne légèrement toucher la détente et l'empêche de bouger. La dévisser alors de 1/4 de tour. En appuyant alors sur la détente avec le percuteur toujours au repos, on peut sentir le léger mouvement.

Now turn in the spring tension screw (lower right) to a pull that you like... I'd strongly suggest a good trigger pull gauge, instead of guessing.
Maintenant il faut visser la vis du poids de détente (en bas à droite). Il est fortement recommandé d'utiliser un peson plutôt que de faire ça au pif.

Armer le percuteur et essayer. Le départ doit être net (cassant comme du verre).

Check by:
Tester par :

* Slam the bolt closed a dozen times, check to see if the pin dropped each time. If the pin drops, back out the engagement screw 1/4 turn, and do again.
Verrouiller la culasse une douzaine de fois et vérifier à chaque fois que le percuteur n'a pas décroché. S'il décroche, dévisser la vis d'engagement de 1/4 de tour et refaire le test.

* Cock the pin, set the safety, pull the trigger, release the trigger, and release the safety, a dozen times... if the pin drops, increase the spring tension (shouldn't be necessary, unless you're down around 10-15 oz's, and this trigger is not reliable at that light a pull.
Armer le percuteur, mettre la sécurité, appuyer sur la détente, la relâcher, enlever la sécurité. Faire ça une douzaine de fois. Si le percuteur décroche, visser la vis du poids de détente (ça devrait être inutile sauf si la détente a été réglée vers 100-150 grammes car elle n'est pas sûre à ces poids là).

Put white or red nail polish on the screws. Let dry, and put another coat on it again, and again.
Placer du vernis sur les vis. Laisser sécher et remettre une autre couche, encore et encore.

There will be no "take up slack", this is a single stage trigger, and can't be adjusted to act like a two stage.
C'est une détente directe et elle ne peut être réglée comme une détente à bossette.

These triggers are easily capable of going to 24-26 oz's, and they keep the setting year after year, and I've never had to re-adjust one.
Ces détentes peuvent facilement être réglées vers 700 grammes et gardent leurs réglages années après années et je n'ai jamais dû en réajuster une.
Bernard
nanard35
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar nanard35 » 22 Mar 2017 23:25

une autre version :

Adjusting the Remington 700 Trigger
To Steve, many thanks for showing me how to do this many years ago!
Background:
The Remington trigger system is a very good system that in years past came directly from the factory with a crisp and reasonable pull. These days however, Remington is producing triggers that are not as smooth and are liability proof with pull weights that have gotten to the point of being ridiculous. These changes are due to Remington trying to reduce the cost of their rifles and the ever present fear of civil liability from a trigger that is too light. If you are not conscious of gun safety and are not smart enough to keep your fingers off your trigger until you are ready to fire, I kindly ask you to read no further and find another hobby as I accept no responsibility for stupid people. The modifications that I am about to discuss have the potential to be extremely dangerous if not done carefully! If you have the slightest doubt about what you are doing, I strongly urge you to have a competent gunsmith adjust your trigger for you as the cost is minimal.
The Remington trigger:
The Remington 700 Trigger has three screws as shown in the following image.

When you look at your trigger you will see that the heads of these screws are covered in a glue or loctite. To adjust your trigger it will be necessary to scrape this glue off the screw heads and then determine if your screw heads are slotted or allen head. The next step in this process is to break the screws loose and add a small drop of oil to help with adjustments. I normally run the screws in and out a couple times to make sure that the screw is not binding and the surfaces of the screw are completely covered in oil.
Adjusting the trigger:
Back out the spring tension (trigger pull) screw to a light trigger pull that is adequate to keep some pressure on the trigger but is very light (trigger pull will be set later). Next back out the sear engagement screw, and the over travel screws several turns.
Once the screws are adjusted as above, close the bolt (without dry firing) and SLOWLY turn the sear engagement screw in until the firing pin is released. From this point, back the screw out a half turn. Without recocking the firing pin, screw the over travel screw in until you feel it contact the trigger lightly, preventing the trigger from moving. From this point, back the over travel screw out a quarter turn. When you pull the trigger at this point there should be a very slight movement of the trigger.
To adjust the trigger pull, adjust the spring tension screw to a pull that you like. As you turn the screw in the trigger pull will be increased and the pull will be reduced as the screw is backed out. I would not recommend going lighter than 1 to 1.5-pounds with a factory trigger and I prefer a trigger closer to 2 to 2.5-pounds for a big game rifle.
Work the bolt several times to cock the rifle and try the trigger with the trigger gauge and your finger to make sure that you are happy with how the trigger pull and release feels and the weight is something that you are comfortable with. I also recommend the use of a good trigger gauge to confirm that you are getting a consistent break. If the break you are getting is not consistent, then you may need to increase the trigger pull or consider having the trigger rebuilt or replaced by a competent gunsmith.
Safety Checks!
After you are happy with the feel of the trigger it is essential that you perform a safety check as described here. First, slam the bolt closed HARD up to a dozen times watching to see if the sear allows the firing pin to be released. If the firing pin is released, back out the sear engagement screw another ¼ turn, and repeat slamming the bolt again.
Next, cock the firing pin and put the weapon on “SAFE” and pull the trigger, release the trigger, put the weapon on “FIRE”. Repeat this process several times and if the firing pin is released, increase the trigger pull and repeat this process.
Once these safety checks are performed, take nail polish and seal the heads of the screws and allow it to dry. I normally try to use two coats to make sure that the screws are properly glued in place. Once adjusted, the Remington trigger rarely needs additional adjustment and can be as good as many after market triggers.
Postscript:
I have recently purchased a new Remington 700 Classic that quite literally had the God awful worse trigger I have ever felt on any gun. This trigger was rough in the sear engagement and the trigger spring itself was too stiff to allow for any adjustment that was acceptable for my taste. I understand that it is possible to buy replacement trigger springs and to have the sear surface polished but these are tasks that are beyond my level of understanding so I took a trigger out of a well used Remington 700 ADL from the early 1970’s and swapped it for my new trigger. I felt guilty selling my old ADL with that new Rem. 700 trigger that was so lousy, but at least the gun that I wanted to keep has a crisp 2-pound trigger that I can trust to work as a quality trigger should!

En premier, casser le vernis de blocage et dévisser les 3 vis afin de faire apparaître plusieurs filets. (Pour ne pas forcer sur les vis lors de cette opération, il est préférable de chauffer légèrement le bloc du mécanisme de détente avec un décapeur thermique, c'est plus efficace qu'en essayant de chauffer la vis avec un fer à souder)

Cette opération peut être dure au départ mais les vis ne sont pas matées. Les vis et le bloc détente sont en acier au carbone et peuvent être oxydés ou il peut y avoir du vernis de blocage sur les filets. Elles doivent tourner librement. Déposer un peu d'huile sur les filets. Visser et dévisser plusieurs fois les vis pour qu'elles tournent sans point dur.

OK, maintenant passons aux réglages.

Dévisser la vis du poids de détente (en bas à droite) en laissant assez de pression pour la maintenir en arrière (100 à 150 grammes) et qu'elle soit facile à bouger.

Dévisser la vis d'engagement (la seule à gauche) et la vis de backlash (celle en haut à droite) pour laisser du jeu à régler.

Fermer le verrou avec le percuteur armé (ne pas appuyer sur la détente) et très doucement visser la vis d'engagement (celle à gauche) jusqu'à ce que le percuteur décroche. A ce moment, la dévisser de 1/3 à 1/2 tour. Avec le percuteur au repos, on peut se rendre compte de la course résiduelle en appuyant sur la détente.

Comme l'arrière de la gâchette n'est pas usiné, il faut ajuster le backlash avec le percuteur au repos.

Maintenant avec le percuteur au repos, il faut visser la vis de backlash jusqu'à ce qu'elle vienne légèrement toucher la détente et l'empêche de bouger. La dévisser alors de 1/4 de tour. En appuyant alors sur la détente avec le percuteur toujours au repos, on peut sentir le léger mouvement.

Maintenant il faut visser la vis du poids de détente (en bas à droite). Il est fortement recommandé d'utiliser un peson plutôt que de faire ça au pif.

Armer le percuteur et essayer. Le départ doit être net (cassant comme du verre).

Check by:
Tester par :

* Slam the bolt closed a dozen times, check to see if the pin dropped each time. If the pin drops, back out the engagement screw 1/4 turn, and do again.
Verrouiller la culasse une douzaine de fois et vérifier à chaque fois que le percuteur n'a pas décroché. S'il décroche, dévisser la vis d'engagement de 1/4 de tour et refaire le test.

* Cock the pin, set the safety, pull the trigger, release the trigger, and release the safety, a dozen times... if the pin drops, increase the spring tension (shouldn't be necessary, unless you're down around 10-15 oz's, and this trigger is not reliable at that light a pull.
Armer le percuteur, mettre la sécurité, appuyer sur la détente, la relâcher, enlever la sécurité. Faire ça une douzaine de fois. Si le percuteur décroche, visser la vis du poids de détente (ça devrait être inutile sauf si la détente a été réglée vers 100-150 grammes car elle n'est pas sûre à ces poids là).

Placer du vernis sur les vis. Laisser sécher et remettre une autre couche, encore et encore.

C'est une détente directe et elle ne peut être réglée comme une détente à bossette.

Ces détentes peuvent facilement être réglées vers 700 grammes et gardent leurs réglages années après années et je n'ai jamais dû en réajuster une.
Bernard
nanard35
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar kropatchek » 14 Avr 2017 13:10

Très intéressant... Merci pour les infos :
Au fait qu'elles sont les clés Allen...Parce que les miennes ne vont pas.....
kropatchek
Membre Sénior
Membre Sénior

Messagepar ZZvS » 23 Avr 2017 13:54

Je viens de recevoir ma Timney Calvin Elite two stage et je dois dire que le réglage d'origine est proche d'une arme de match (poids et qualité). J'étais tellement surpris avec mon arme en 308 que du coup je l'ai règle sensiblement comme mes autres armes pour le poids. Les réglages sont un un jeu d'enfant. En revanche la bossette ne ressemble pas vraiment à une bossette car la première course est courte et très (trop) légère malgré mes tentatives de réglages... :think:
ZZvS
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar bleu669 » 27 Oct 2017 12:33

je fais ressortir le post :mrgreen:
c'est libre d'achat aux US ? :salut: :salut:
bleu669
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar nanard35 » 27 Oct 2017 22:06

Au fait qu'elles sont les clés Allen...Parce que les miennes ne vont pas.....

je réponds un peu tard mais il s'agit bien entendu de clés allen en pouces ; un jeu ne coute pas gd chose (même celui de RCBS) et tout tireur utilisant des armes ou accessoires US se doit d'en posséder un.
Bernard
nanard35
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar GUILLAUME TELL » 28 Oct 2017 06:49

ZZvS a écrit:Après ce n'est pas simplement une question de poids mais plutôt une qualité de départ. Une détente de 2 Kg avec bossette de bonne qualité peut être bien meilleure pour le tireur qu'un stetcher à moins de 500 g sur une arme bon marché... et si vous avez toujours besoin d'un départ faible c'est que vous ne maîtrisez pas votre lâché... :think:

Les pédés de l'ISSF qui ne savent pas tirer, avec une visée mécanique, sans appui, avec un poids de départ imposé par le règlement supérieur à 1,5 kgf tiennent 100 mm à 300 m avec 1/3 des coups dans 50 mm.

FM
Pour l'Europe, la solidarité c'est obliger les pauvres des pays riches à engraisser les riches des pays pauvres.
GUILLAUME TELL
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar beaussier philippe » 28 Oct 2017 09:23

GUILLAUME TELL a écrit:
ZZvS a écrit:Après ce n'est pas simplement une question de poids mais plutôt une qualité de départ. Une détente de 2 Kg avec bossette de bonne qualité peut être bien meilleure pour le tireur qu'un stetcher à moins de 500 g sur une arme bon marché... et si vous avez toujours besoin d'un départ faible c'est que vous ne maîtrisez pas votre lâché... :think:

Les pédés de l'ISSF qui ne savent pas tirer, avec une visée mécanique, sans appui, avec un poids de départ imposé par le règlement supérieur à 1,5 kgf tiennent 100 mm à 300 m avec 1/3 des coups dans 50 mm.

FM

Ta remarque n'est valable que pour la discipline "Standard" si ma mémoire moire est bonne. Car tirant le 300 m, il y a déjà quelques années, je n'ai jamais réglé ma détente au poids que tu cites.
beaussier philippe
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar GUILLAUME TELL » 28 Oct 2017 09:32

Ceux qu tirent avec un départ à 1,5 kgf en ont-ils moins de mérite ?

FM
Pour l'Europe, la solidarité c'est obliger les pauvres des pays riches à engraisser les riches des pays pauvres.
GUILLAUME TELL
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Messagepar beaussier philippe » 28 Oct 2017 10:24

GUILLAUME TELL a écrit:Ceux qu tirent avec un départ à 1,5 kgf en ont-ils moins de mérite ?

FM

Je n'ai fait que préciser un point du règlement, rien de plus.
beaussier philippe
Membre Vétéran
Membre Vétéran

Précédente

Retourner vers REMINGTON, M24 et M40